Tuesday, September 13, 2011

back to baucher

Another nice session this morning. He's very calm, even dull. I stopped everything to do a bunch of transitions, just to wake him up a bit. Trot work in the stretch is really getting fun. But I'm also stopping to do lateral flexions at the halt. We did this two months ago NH style, on one rein and letting the contact drop on the outside. Now he has to keep his head up, maintain contact on the outside, and flex at the poll. I think this is helping. He could only do this to the right last week, but now it's good on both sides. His mouth and jaw have definitely softened a lot lately.

Whenever he stops lifting the bit I raise my hands and wait for the jaw to flex. I think my timing has gotten better on this exercise. Stretch at the canter is still hard to find, but it's almost constant at the trot now. I'm very happy. Just wish we could go out in a week or two and re-do those dressage tests!

Here's a couple more shots from last Saturday's show. I'm actually really pleased--this was the best he was capable of doing that day.





No comments:

Post a Comment