Tuesday, July 26, 2011

back to basics

Micki & Lija visited yesterday to check up on things. I was happy that Jordan was able to show them some improvement, but disappointed that some basic issues were still not solved. At this point of training he should not be sticking his nose out so much. So this morning we did a long cruise lesson at the trot and a lot of bending around barrels. I did not let him rest until he could stretch his neck at the trot on a loose rein. I also set up some trot poles. I feel we need some longer sessions that will challenge his patience and push him through to a higher level. Right now he is still limited to "sunny days, short sessions, quiet rider, etc." Jordan needs to increase his range of tolerance.

Lija had a nice ride on him and made him look pretty if I was quick on the shutter.




No comments:

Post a Comment