Wednesday, July 13, 2011

working hard

Two terrific sessions yesterday and today. I am focusing hard on getting a solid one-rein stop. Jordan is super soft in the face but has trouble stopping his feet. For today's session I did a lot of yielding the hindquarters at a trot first, to give him a reason to stop. I also yielded his hindquarters when he rushed at the trot. I think this approach will work better. The one rein stop is coming, but too often he will not stop walking or will walk off when I try flexing his head at the halt.


Jordan is giving a better trot on larger circles now, including some straight line work.

For ground work I am desensitizing to the lunge whip and teaching him to stand still better. The right side is very good now. There is almost no remaining ticklish left on this side.

Shoulder-in at the walk very solid and controllable now.

In-hand work with the double bridle a few times now in the evenings, plus bow work and rope desensitizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment