Wednesday, July 27, 2011

feeling a little better

Two good sessions of basic work. Last night I rode Jordan for 30 minutes and did a cruise lesson at the walk and trot. I am pushing him harder through resistance and it's really paying off. All of that bending and yielding in the cruise lesson leads to incredible lateral work!

Today was a longer session with many more transitions. In addition to the cruise lesson (w-t only) we did a lot of 8m circles on one rein only. Lots of w-t-w transitions on the circle as well. His head was rock steady for this. Afterwards quick shoulder in and half passes at the walk, followed by his first mounted lesson with the lasso. The lasso work is quiet and gives him a good reason to just stand still while I get my loop made up. My rope work is terrible so he has a long time to learn patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment