Saturday, August 13, 2011

great work on the circle

Yesterday morning was a jump session on my new (but used) A/P saddle. The knee pads were a great help and we had a fun session. I ended with some more lateral work on the circle, which is coming along great.

Today I focused on dressage work only, including canter transitions on a 10m circle. His 10m circle feels great at the canter--wow. This is real progress. A few weeks ago this circle at the canter was not possible.

More trot work at shoulder in, renvers, and travers. He was a little quiet today, so I skipped the w-t-w transitions. Maybe that was the wrong intuition. I cooled him off by walking up to the house and surprising Maria through the window. She got jealous and hopped on him for a 30 minute ride through the neighborhood. At least two people came running out of their homes when they saw Jordan walk past! Maria also crossed Newman and went around the park, including cantering in the grass. Jordan was terrific. He incidentally also crossed over some large gravel that was sprinkled on the blacktop without showing any tenderness. I sure love horses with good feet!



No comments:

Post a Comment