Thursday, August 11, 2011

mid week progress

I worked Jordan in the double bridle Tuesday and Wednesday and was concerned that maybe I was pushing him too fast. He was doing well but there was more resistance than I had hoped for. However, I think this work was vindicated today when I rode him in the snaffle--he was incredible! We did circle work at shoulder in, counter shoulder in, and renvers. We also did w-t-w transitions in shoulder in--WOW! It was really fun. We ended up jumping cavalletti a bit with the stirrups still set long--not my strong suit. :) But Jordan did a fantastic job.

We did some jump sessions in the evening earlier this week, including introducing him to coops. Maria came out to take an informative set of pictures which mostly show me about to scream as Jordan calmly clears the jumps. But it was very helpful to see this.


No comments:

Post a Comment